April 23, 2008

BADD - Blogging Against Disablism Day

Blogging Against Disablism Day, May 1st 2008

I just signed up and will be taking part in Blogging Against Disablism Day on May 1st. I hope others pledge to join me (either on quench or elsewhere). You've got some time to write your post and it's an important topic whether you call it ablism, disablism, or something else entirely.

I heard about this year's BADD from Kay, whose BADD post from last year I just read today and is fabulous. Wow. I know I can't measure up.

But I know that a lot of us quench readers and writers have been thinking a lot about disability this year and I hope that as many of us as possible can find it in us to join this fantastic solidarity movement. Here is info about how to join and commit to post about disablism as close to May 1 as you are able.
According to The Goldfish BADD "is an annual event in which disabled and non-disabled bloggers throughout the world unite in the cause of equality."

I invite you to join me.

No comments: