February 05, 2008

We who are about to vote...

Good morning, all you bright-eyed and bushy-tailed Quenchfolk! It's Super Tuesday, and you know what that means ...

Anyone reading this who's registered to vote in a state that's holding an election today (for those of you keeping score at home, that's Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho- Dems only, Illinois, Kansas- Dems only, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana- GOP only, New Jersey, New Mexico- Dems only, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Utah, and West Virginia- GOP only) - it's Civic Duty Time!

Polls in my state have been open for 43 minutes, and as soon as I finish my protein-powder-infused oatmeal (what? it's filling...), I'm off to the polls, as should you be.

I'm not going to insult you with yet another flag-waving puppies-and-apple-pie message about how you Really Need To Vote, for the Sake of America. Folks, you know this already. So, you know, go do it, and post here when you're done - interesting election stories are of course solicited, but also welcome is a simple head count.


(for the record, because I am a bit of a femme, I very nearly made this whole post about what I'm wearing to the polls. yes, I dress up for election day. hush now.)

10 comments:

maudite entendante said...

So, as you can see from the picture of my thumb, I voted. (I was really disappointed they didn't hand out stickers.)

icarus said...

i'm voting by absentee ballot. if you can't be home to vote, it's good to check if you can vote by absentee (i didn't know you could in my state, but you can!)

and i'm wearing a polka-dot strapless dress and matching flats. :-)

Anonymous said...

I voted today. There was a bake sale and they sold cookies 3 for the price of 2 so I made the 3rd grader calculate what percent off I would get if I bought 3.

WTTO

icarus said...

omg that's so mean!! i probably couldn't calculate that! um...at least without like, thinking a lot.

icarus said...

(i hate math)

icarus said...

(but i love people who vote)

mk said...

Just voted, though not for my first choice because even though he's on the ballot (I was really tempted to protest vote for him) he's dropped out. Stupid primaries.

aurora said...

I sent in my absentee ballot a couple days before my pick dropped out. Yay America.

Natasha Yar-Routh said...

Remembering the old Tammany Hall motto of 'Vote Early, Vote Often' I voted early by absentee ballot. If I remember correctly I was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt at the time.

I am a permanent absentee voter because with three hours of commuting a day it is a real pain to get home in time to vote.

icarus said...

OK, so this isn't totally related, but...

you know how everyone is always talking about how "the youth never vote"? i was just wondering - what about absentee voters? because i'm assuming many college students who *do* vote do so by absentee ballots, which probably don't show up in initial election-poll numbers. right? because i always wonder whether those statistics are totally accurate, considering how many people i know who vote absentee (or who try and have trouble - that's a whole other issue).