February 21, 2008

It is not okay to suggest you might go on a "lynching party."

I have heard some extreme conservatives say that they like Bill O'Reilly because he doesn't feel bound by "being PC."

It's my opinion that it's more like he doesn't mind openly sharing with his audience that he is a complete biggot. Then again, I don't really get the whole anti-PC backlash. Who exactly is "forcing" these people to be PC and what's the problem with someone once in a while suggesting that you maybe don't hurt people with your words.

Anyhow, for anyone who has ever thought that O'Reilly is just brave and not willing to conform with "PC norms," he has once again crossed an indefensible line.

There is no way to start a sentence about Michelle Obama with, "I don't want to go on a lynching party against Michelle Obama unless..." and not be a total bigot. I can believe he said it - he's always been a crazy racist. What I can't believe is that one of the biggest media outlets in the world continues to host him and PAY him to say this shit. Shame on the American public for allowing him to make money for this shit.

More info here.

4 comments:

aurora said...

He's been on my bad-list since the whole Jada Pinkett Smith fiasco...

Anonymous said...

I think that book's by Al Franken.

joe said...

The "Anti-PC" movement is just a red herring to distract from real issues, and usually promoted by people who are quite far from being "oppressed" in any way, trying to spuriously claim "victimhood" or "censorship".

Grace C. said...

i'd like to go on a lynching party against bill o'reilly. i'd gather my friends, storm his house and stone him to death with falafels.