December 17, 2007

Let's Have a Pizza Party: Jodie Foster is Gay

Ever since Jodie Foster accidentally-on-purpose dropped the queer bomb last week, people have been wondering whether or not she actually meant to do it. It seems innocent enough, after all, to thank one's "beautiful Cydney" in front of the Hollywood Reporters' Women in Entertainment (whose unwieldy initials anagram almost completely to WHORE). But while debate rages as to whether or not Foster meant to drop us all a hint, I find myself asking a different question:


WHY, Jodie Foster, did this not happen in 1995? Why did you leave me with that unresolved "special feeling" in the pit of my stomach the first time I saw Silence of the Lambs? Why were you brazen enough to weed-whack your hair à la Katherine Moennig, but not come out like she...oh, wait. She's still closeted, isn't she?

Regardless, thank you, Jodie Foster, for finally giving us something else to contemplate over our sandwiches. Just when questions about your sexual orientation seemed without resolution, you gave us the little nod we needed, making room in our busy conversational schedules for tramp stamps and Bai Ling.

8 comments:

icarus said...

BAI LING IS AMAZING.

and so is this post.

icarus said...

i just want to reiterate how much i love Bai Ling. everyone needs to go here and look at her.

emily2 said...

bai ling? BLECH.

jodie foster? you go girl!!!

emily0 said...

Bai Ling is fucking hawt. She was on Angel, too. And fucking hawt there too, if too skinny. See? (That website is really, really fun BTW.)

icarus said...

let me clarify that i love Bai Ling because she is INSANE and always naked for no apparent reason. it entertains me to no end.

emily0 said...

Also I never had that special feeling for Jodie. I adore Silence of the Lambs but Jodie always was "meh" to me. But congrats on coming out 15 years too late. Who is next, a certain short man with a big nose who was flamingly a homo in Top Gun but still won't admit it?

Side note: her poor lover's name is Cydney? I looked that up and it's just about the most rare name ever, only appearing on the radar after 1993. It means "Wide Meadow". LOL. I guess she must be fertile ground, they have a few kinder don't they.

icarus said...

i did see a great video where Joan Rivers (i think) said, "Jodie didn't come out. She just tripped over Tom Cruise and fell out of the closet."

emily2 said...

i did see a great video where Joan Rivers (i think) said, "Jodie didn't come out. She just tripped over Tom Cruise and fell out of the closet."

me is LOLing.