Soo, today is the day before payday. And I have 21 cents in my bank account. The thing is, I'm really tired of this.
I need to learn about money.
I think we all have emotional issues around money, but I think in my case, it's also a lack of information. I've never had much money, and neither has my family, so I just don't know much about what I should be doing now. And I've always had this avoidance to learning about it, because I don't want money to be "what's important" in my life. But I'm also tired of being broke, so I think I need to try to take an active role.
I make around $2000 a month, and pay about $1000 in rent, plus utilities. My other big expenses are transportation and food.
But I feel like I should learn about things like investing, or savings, or 401k's (honestly, all I know is something about retirement). What's a good way to maximize the money I have?
Some questions for all of you:
- How much do you know about options available to you (in terms of different banks, account, stocks, investing)?
- Who has taught you about money?
- What are your biggest fears or anxieties about money?
- Do you think you have a healthy attitude towards money?
- If you could learn something about money, what would it be?
- What piece of advice would you give to other young people who might not be earning much?