July 10, 2007

How to Know You Are Being Discriminated Against

Here's a key: they prolly will specifically deny that they are discriminating against you.

From: A certain Quench Affiliate
To: Person Looking for Roommate
Re: $1075 FABULOUS Furn Sunny Spacious 3BR/2BA-1BR 8/15 GYM METRO-

Hello,

I would need it until the middle/end of August next year, and I would need a stable rent per month assured for that period of time.

--------

From: Person in charge of apartment
To: A certain Quench Affiliate

the rent goes up every june-that is beyond my control-also in the summer I can get higher rent so ideally i need mid august until end of May next year-if you can't deal with a rent increase i am afraid they are quite normal so this won't work out! you want to just pay a slightly higher rent now so it doesn't feel like an increase in june I can arrange that too! Plus I have usally lived with people who are straight and am not sure how this would work out-good luck!

--------

From: A certain Quench Affiliate
To: Person Looking for Roommate

Hello,

As I would require a stable rent for the year, I am no longer interested in the apartment.

Also, for future reference, making a statement such as "Plus I have usally lived with people who are straight and am not sure how this would work out" is considered discriminatory, and might be something to avoid when interacting with potential renters in the future.

--------

From: Person Looking for Roommate
To: A certain Quench Affiliate

nothing is discriminatory whatsoever about that which I guess is your reason for not taking it-I was being honest and have a right to know what the situation would be like-asking if you are in a relationship-just as I would ask a straight person if they are dating someone as I don't want to live with someone who has all kinds of random dates and visitors-there isn't anything discriminatory whatsoever-you my dear are apparently just over senstive and pananoid!! Good luck and for the record rents increase all the time and you need to deal with it!! It is beyond my control that on June 1 the rent is raised! you would think if you went to harvard you could perhaps grasp that concept? I have rented the room anyway now to another so it is all moot point!!

Yeah, awesome!

S/he is TOTALLY not discriminating! AWESOME!

I'm so convinced by that mighty response. Especially when they are being so very calm and collected about it. Mm, yes.

And thanks for the Harvard quip, beeyotch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't read your post. I usually read blogs of people who are straight and am not sure how this would work out.

WTTO

Julia said...

I'm sorry, I can't continue this E-mail exchange. I usually exchange messages with people who use proper spelling and grammar and am not sure how this would work out.

Anonymous said...

"I don't discriminate against gay people, I just want them to stay away from me! Now excuse me; I have a hair-splitting appointment."

RMJ

femmme said...

its is discrimination against singles too- what a idiotic moron to even put in that final email. But we all have to, dont we????
wink

emily0 said...

It's cos the gays.