- The title of a piece published 8/22 reads "Don't Marry Career Women"
"How do women, careers and marriage mix? Not well, say social scientists."
- Attempting to use scientific justification for sexism and misogyny.
"If a host of studies are to be believed, marrying these women is asking for trouble."
- Accompanying pictorial, "Nine Reasons Not to Marry a Career Woman,"
Featured photos: dirty houses, depression, and a career wife cheating on her husband while wearing lipstick in Harlot Red.
- Scant acknowledgment of physiological ability of men to clean, care for children
One or fewer mentions of opposable thumb possessed by not only women but men, making domestic tasks and childcare feasible for husbands as well as wives.
- Writers scrape knuckles on floor, roast animals at desk.
"Guys: A word of advice. Marry pretty women or ugly ones. Short ones or tall ones. Blondes or brunettes. Just, whatever you do, don't marry a woman with a career."
- Forbes didn't even stand by its piece, instead muting it and turning it into one half of a "point/counterpoint" within 48 hours.
- Original piece ends with false surgeon general’s warning that career women are more likely to have children with severe medical deformities, contract certain diseases, become homicidal, and “pull a Lorena Bobbit”