August 06, 2006

Today...

A Happy Story

Today, I was walking through Harvard Yard, and I passed Memorial Church. There was a wedding going on there, and I stopped outside the steps because I wanted to see the bride’s pretty dress when she came outside.

The wedding photographer was running around, there were bridesmaids in shiny blue dresses, the white convertible with JUST MARRIED and streamers was waiting. All the anticipation, but still no lace-covered bride came out of the church.

And then I realized there were two grooms.

They were climbing into the back of the convertible, and Beyonce’s “Crazy in Love” was blasting, and the hundreds of family and friends were clustering around and taking photos. As the car started, one of the grooms grinned: “Going through the Yard – this is going to be such a scene!”
As they drove past, I clapped, and he turned and winked at me.

The family and friends remained on the steps of the church, as the two sets of parents were photographed together, in a huge, multicultural, GLBT-and-not, smiling group.

It just gave me hope.

2 comments:

The Mirrorball Man said...

OMG, that is soooo cute! I just tingled all over. :-D

Anonymous said...

i just threw up a little bit in my mouth hehe