August 14, 2006

As long as we're channelling MasterCard commercials.

I wanted to share this with Quench.

Long day at work: potentially bad.

Said work being MassEquality: good.

Talking with my grandmother on the phone while driving back from work: good.

Being inadvertently outed by a car full of my (straight, interestingly enough) co-workers while on the phone with said grandmother: potentially really bad.

My heretofore homophobic grandmother, who has often uttered hateful and hurtful comments about "the gays" in my presence, being unexpectedly accepting and loving and open-minded: PRICELESS.

(Oh, and having a really frank conversation with said grandmother about how the idea of gay sex makes her uncomfortable, a conversation in which she used the terms ORAL SEX and RECTAL SEX repeatedly? PRICELESS.)

*bat dor happily dances around her apartment*

3 comments:

The Mirrorball Man said...

Yay. :-D

On the other hand, there's something about the word "rectal sex" that makes it seem somewhat less appealing...

Trope said...

Yes, that does sound priceless! Do you think that you could get her on the phone with MY grandmother, for some of that spontaneous acceptance and open-mindedness? I'd love it. My say-so obviously isn't quite enough for her. Thanks for the pick-me-up!

maudite entendante said...

Congrats, sweetie! What a great follow-up to your "coming out is hard to do" post! I'm so glad this worked out well for you; it almost - almost - makes me want to come out to my grandmother. :c)