June 05, 2006

Something that is Really Awkward

Email received from someone who wants to work with me on some issues regarding trans issues begins:

Just now I tried calling you, but the number you have listed in our database is no longer working. In any case, I'm hoping that we can talk soon. I was so disappointed that you weren't elected to the HGLC Board - I was really looking forward to working with you.
Well, I reckon that means I wasn't elected, doesn't it? I was sorta wondering about that.

Wonder how long I've been looking like an asshole because no one could be arsed to tell me I wasn't elected.

This kind of thing has been happening to me a lot these days. Awkward, and in that angrilatin' kind of way.

2 comments:

emily1 said...

why would you like an asshole because you weren't elected to the board?

emily0 said...

i look like an asshole because no one could be arsed to tell me i wasn't elected. i was just sitting around thinking, "when will we know?"

but everyone else already fucking did.