June 26, 2006

"Being GLBTQ is a positive experience!"

hi everyone!

I stumbled across this blog the other day, and thought I would post it because it's really cute and made me smile. I think that it really shows how much a supportive friend, family member or ally can make someone's life happier.

Some choice entries:

Happy bi life is...

coming out to your bf and having him reply, "me too".

Happy trans life is...

Going to your aunt's house (in middle of nowhere south Georgia), having her talk about some local woman who needs to be pitied because "her husband is going to be a girl. It's against what god wants, it's against nature, it's just not right, etc." (literally) biting your tongue so you don't say something you'll feel bad about (or at least be punished for) and then having your dad (her younger brother) tell her that she "shouldn't be making such a big deal, it's not wrong, and god's not against it. Where does it say that in the bible?" My smile nearly split my face after he started talking.

Happy gay politics are...

getting a letter of response from Senator Menendez concerning the marriage protection ammendment. i know it's just a form letter, but this form letter wanted me to "be assured that i will continue to do everything in my power to uphold the rights and liberties of all citizens, and to prevent any form of discrimination against any group."

Happy trans life is...

...moving into a new place and needing to call for new utilities under a male name and have every single one of them ask me a female name immediately after I said my old name.

Happy lesbian trans life is...

your girlfriend's parents are 100% supportive of the relationship and refer to you with the correct pronouns. :)

Happy gay life is...

....whenever someone asks "Are you a single Father?" being able to answer "Nope. I'm a double Father." And then just waiting to see how long it takes for them to get it.

....having your daughter yell "DAAAD!" from the other room and having my partner go in to check on her only to hear her go "OTHER DAAAD!" a few seconds afterwards.

....having my daughter come home from summer camp with -two- Father's Day craft projects to present to us because everyone there knows she needs two and is fine with that.

Happy genderqueer/genderless life is...

having your younger sister accidentally refer to you as her brother, hesitate some when correcting herself, and then not blink when you respond with "whatever".

Happy lesbian/bisexual life is...

waking up next to your beautiful girlfriend, and wishing for the day to come (soon, please be soon) where you can move in together and sleep together every night, and wake up to her each morning.

1 comment:

FiveOClockShadow said...

Oh wow! This makes me so warm and fuzzy inside ::grin::