May 21, 2006

Out and proud and invisible.

http://telaviv.craigslist.org/w4w/

:(

For quenchistas with whom I'm not personally acquainted: Present location of yours truly? In and about the Holyland. Present romantic status of yours truly? See above link.

From my travel journal: "I’ve seen three possibly lesbian couples in the past twenty-four hours. It’s sorta kinda impossible to tell who’s gay here; essentially all of the men in Tel Aviv are metrosexual, and short spiked hair on women is everywhere, too. Most army girls look butch or sporty-lez. My long-suffering gaydar has taken one look at Tel Aviv and simply given up."

Israeli GLBT folk exist, for sure - Tel Aviv is practically the San Francisco of the Middle East. But Israeli queers simply don't fit into any mold my American eyes can readily distinguish.

Any thoughts? Comments are open.

No comments: