March 12, 2006

I know it's a bit early...

...and that this is, in some ways, a bit of senseless plugging, but I don't very often post to quench unless I feel that there's something important for me to say.

And I just wanted to let everyone in the local community--and everywhere, really--know that Harvard's Take Back the Night will be from April 10-14 this year. It's a matter quite near to my heart, and I hope that everyone who can make it attends at least one event.

On the Wednesday of that week, I'm putting together a special program that deals with sexual violence and rape in the LGBT [particularly T] community hosted by Gunner Scott and some reps from the Gay Men's Domestic Violence Project. And then on Thursday evening, we'll be holding our annual vigil and speakout on the steps of Memorial Church. Please come and give me confidence so that I can raise my voice.

Thanks to all of you for being such a supportive and genuinely wonderful community. Even if you can't come to Take Back the Night, do try your best to set an example of love and consent in your life and your everyday relationships; I and thousands of others will thank you.

1 comment:

wannatakethisoutside said...

do try your best to set an example of love and consent in your life and your everyday relationships; I and thousands of others will thank you.

I love you, Raine.