February 06, 2006

you know you are too attached when...

Today, I was talking on the phone to Dor, my SO, who was telling me about trying to contact a health insurance company and all of the associated drama with being transferred from person to person, none of whom could figure out whether or not his treatment for a chronic condition would be covered if he took a job that offered him that company of health insurance.

After a ton of calls transferred to everyone in the universe, he had left someone a voicemail and was hoping the person would call back fast.

As soon as we get off the phone, I get a call from a private number. The person asked me for Dor. "He's not home right now," I say. He doesn't live with me. I have no idea why someone would call me to get him. Then, just randomly, I say, "Are you with a health insurance company?" She says yes, I laugh and give her Dor's number.

You know we're too attached when we accidentally give out each other's phone numbers, even in personal situations like health care.

2 comments:

JSmithua said...

I'm beaming! I would love to be "too attached". Right now my problem is being attached at all... except to my straight male blockmates...

icarus said...

you. are. a. whipped. gaymo.

love,
your platonic life partner