February 10, 2006

Something I learned today

Or rather, something I remembered.

So, I've been looking for a men's A-frame tank, which was seemingly impossible to find in my neck of the woods. Finally, I found a women's tank of basically the same style and and appropriate size, and, convinced I wouldn't find anything better, snapped it up - for $12. Ok, fine, shirts cost money.

Except I ducked into Walgreen's tonight to buy batteries, and saw that they had a men's underwear section. Curious, I checked to see whether they had what I'd been looking for. Umm, yeah - in a 3-pack for $3.99. Whee.

So, yes, I remembered today that men's clothing is cheaper than women's clothing - which is why, until I grew hips at puberty, I wore boys' jeans. It'd be nice, since we're expected to have a more voluminous wardrobe and to pay more per item than our brethren, if we made more money to make up for it.

Or, hell, the same amount of money.

But I guess that's too much to ask, eh?

4 comments:

wannatakethisoutside said...

Same with shower products. Soap "for men" is usually cheaper.

icarus said...

women's razors also cost more, just for being pink. which makes me sad, since i love pink.

narcissusfemme said...

I would assume men's underwear is cheaper too--I just bought a three pack of boxer briefs for $25--but then I realized that I've never actually purchased my own underwear before.

tea cozy said...

$25 is RICOCKULOUS. I buy Kmart underwears for, like, $10 a sixpack.