Demapples is talking about Debauchery, a party people go to and pay each other fake money for various kinds of sex acts and then, at the end of the night, who ever has the most fake money wins prizes.
Read the conversation here. A blogger reccomends boycotting the party.
So, what do you think of debauchery?
Factors that may be relevant:
- is it like "prostitution" somehow, as somone on Demapples says? does this make it a bad thing?
- are things truly consensual? what does that mean?
- is there coersion?
- are there effects of size, race, class and gender that make this party theme inappropriate?
- does it even sound like fun?
- are your friends going?
- should harvard have allowed the party to go on?
- can people decide what "decency" is, or are there other factors along which we can debate the party?