January 13, 2006

Shout-outs

So, I was checking the country stats (lists of all the countries in which we have readers), and I'd like to take this moment to say hello to our readership in the Faeroe Islands and the Federated States of Micronesia.

*waves hello*

Thanks for making Quench a more cultured place. Or something. (Comment? Please?)

Also, how to tell you are officially coupled:

- You are at dinner and have the following conversation:

You: Hey, there was a post a few months back in [name of LJ community] ...
Your S.O.: Oh, yeah, [person's] response? Hysterical!
[and yes, that's exactly what you were about to refer to...]

- You are at Target and have the following conversation:
You: Oh, you go ahead.
Mutual friend: [lifting up item your S.O. is buying] This is yours, right?
You: No, it's [S.O.'s].
Mutual friend: I meant yours, plural.
You: We're a you-plural?
Mutual friend: Oh, honey, everyone knows you're a you-plural.
- You are at Target in the first place because you're buying baby-shower gifts. As a couple.


Eep. I feel so ... settled. And cozy. And happy. *smile*

So, um ... what's up, Micronesia?

3 comments:

the spinster said...

Whoa! Whoa. I can be pretty dense, but I just put two and two together on the pseudonym front. Hi, Maudite Entendante! Your relationship sounds fabulous. (I can't believe I just used the word fabulous.) But I hope that you are well.

The Mirrorball Man said...

Awwwww! I so can't wait to see you two together! I'm imagining very cute. :-D

the spinster said...

P.S. Russell and I are both so cool for surfing Quench at 2am on a Friday. I can hear our invitations to Ibiza being shredded in the background. :)