January 22, 2006

Dear Judge Alito,

Today marks the thirty-third anniversary of Roe v. Wade. Something tells me that you may not be celebrating the occasion; perhaps you have even baked a cake in honor of your president's National Sanctity of Human Life Day. Now, I think very highly of cake, and I am a staunch proponent of human life. However, I am also a staunch proponent of a woman's right to make decisions about her own body.

Thirty-three years from today, we at Quench plan to be wishing Roe v. Wade a happy 66th. See that you don't interfere with our celebration.

3 comments:

The Mirrorball Man said...

I cannot believe he signed an order declaring National Sanctity of Human Life Day. Which includes great lines like "human life is a gift from our Creator." Funny, my human life was a gift from my mom and dad. I guess I have two Creators. And heaven forbid that some random woman defies mom and dad by having an abortion, right?

imagineme&you said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROE V. WADE!

Trope said...

BEST. Blog-for-choice. Yet. Thank you!

I'm lurking, by the way. (waves) I'll be back in the comments one of these days. But I'm too new here to comment on the blog design.